Salesforce development challenges for B2C targeting
While doing business what comes first? Profit? Yes! But what brings profit? Good service? Yes! Service for whom? Customers. An excellent service with unhappy clients, will that work? No!
So, the ultimate thing in every business, be it B2B or B2C, is to satisfy customers. Basically, customer satisfaction is the base and all the other things are superstructure. Here comes the importance of CRM software. CRM exists in the market since the early 1970s. But, it was a very high-hanging fruit for the small and medium scale businesses. Customer Relationship Management software is few of the technological things that have tremendously gained its ground since the last decades. Nowadays, 48% of all the CRM application beneficiaries access from their smartphone and 45% of them access from their tablets.
Among all the CRM application available online, Salesforce, especially for B2C businesses is by far the best of its kind.
- Increased number of leads, better and faster communication with more closure.
- Visibly noticeable increase in customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- No bar of physical distance in regulating and monitoring your business.
- Increased chance of 1 to 1 contact with the customer through social, email and mobile marketing.
- Better personalized connection with the customers that helps in pointing out the deep-rooted customer dissatisfaction cause.
- A clearer view of customer requirement on the basis of buyers’ purchasing habit and customer behavior.
Salesforce does these things in the best way. But, there is a list of challenges that every Salesforce Development faces for B2C development in comparison with B2B business protocols.
The first challenge: Being B2C itself
The very concept of Customer Relationship Management had come into existence keeping B2B businesses in mind. It was no fault of the originators. The time this theory came into the market, B2C businesses were not so diverse that it would need a CRM application.
But, things are changed now. The unforeseen growth of B2C e-commerce has made Salesforce CRM an integral necessity of B2C as well.
But the problem still exists in the root, the very approach of B2B and B2C businesses to their respective marketing and customer management is very different from each other. To put things very straight, B2B businesses run on direct profit parameters, there’s little to no chance of prioritizing the general emotion, problem-solving and personal 1 to 1 connection to the customers. And exactly, these are the points on what B2C businesses largely keep their marketing going.
All the CRM software is primarily designed to work for B2B businesses. Let’s break down all the primary challenges that Salesforce development face for B2C targeting:
Now, what are the categorical challenges?
The most prominent 2 points are:
1. Customer Behavior Tracking: More than 95% of the customers in B2C businesses that actually turns into sales were needed to be nurtured either from initial or unknown stage. Any CRM application faces this problem as the approach to the sales funnel of B2B and B2C is completely distinct. Salesforce plays an excellent role in merging these two approaches.
2. Real-time Data Updating: Running a successful business is all about getting the right data in the real-time and implementing that into strategy in the correct way. No more waiting for ‘batch-processed customer data’, Salesforce development is devoted to instant updating of real-time data to the users.
Along with these 2, the other categorical challenges are:
a. Maintaining the perfect Cloud-based operation system
b. Advanced Reporting with data visualization technology
c. Social, email, live chat, message-boards: multi-channel integration
These are some of the technical challenges:
i. For auto-deploying to the Salesforce instances, fetching the source code from the VCS (Version Control System)
ii. Auto-loading of data among the orgs for testing
iii. New developer organizations with Scratch orgs from Command-line Interface
iv. Avoiding the Regression Bugs with CI
v. Presence of multiple orgs with the same namespace
vi. For Lightning Components and Apex Unit Tests, Automated Test Running
vii. Permission sets assigned to the respective users
Apart from business development, I offer consulting services in the field of CRM and ERP solutions.
Latest posts by Megha (see all)
- Rediscover the Future of Sales with Our Salesforce Team at Dreamforce ‘18 - September 22, 2018
- Why Your Retail Business Needs to Integrate CRM Software? - August 23, 2018
- Salesforce development challenges for B2C targeting - August 16, 2018