Salesforce Implementation from Chaotic to Exciting
You have most probably launched a hunt for Salesforce consulting and development because you want to implement it in your own company, that could be the only reason you are here reading the article. Well, in that case, I need to lay down before you certain things about Salesforce that in the long run would help you in the successful implementation of the Salesforce in your business organization. So we will be learning about Salesforce implementation challenges, Salesforce implementation requirements and steps for successful Salesforce implementation. Well, in short, it will be about making the Salesforce implementation process more exciting, less chaotic.
Salesforce Implementation Challenges Business`s Face
There is no doubt about benefits to get after implementing Salesforce, but the process of implementation may not be a smooth one. It has its own challenges. The business owners sort of tend to ignore these challenges. Either because of misinformation, or they are completely unaware of the fact. So let`s take few of these challenges and discuss them one by one.
Calculating Salesforce Implementation Cost – The question that frequently creeps in during discussions on Salesforce implementation is how much does it really cost. Obsession with cost question negatively affects other considerations that are equally important but get ignored due to the emphasis on cost thing. They base their cost calculation exclusively on license requirements, which is not a right way to do, especially when you are yet to choose a Salesforce consulting company. The right way to go about is letting the consulting company properly analyze and design a model based on your business and then investing in the license.
- Choosing the right Salesforce Implementation Company – The challenge with it is because if you choose a wrong company, your whole process of Salesforce implementation will not function according to what you had planned. Be it the marketing of your company, keeping track of sales, customer support services, Salesforce integrates them all. Any error in implementation process can tear down business operations of your business and make it slow, less efficient and disintegrated. So, you have to be extra careful while choosing a company for Salesforce implementation.
- Keeping Track of Data Migration – The biggest challenge with Salesforce implementation is data migration. Keeping track of data when it is being migrated from one system to another can really be a headache. Any strategy you adopt during data migration, it should be such as would least impact your routine business.
- Salesforce Integration with Business Applications – In order to cash in full benefits of Salesforce, its integration with every single business application your company has been using is necessary. These business applications include mobile apps, applications, and systems used inside your company, cloud computing applications and other IT infrastructure of your business organization. When I say integrating these systems and networks is must, there you have to also remember how significant a challenge it is to ensure the proper integration between these various systems and networks during Salesforce implementation.
- Introducing Salesforce to your Team – Technology implementation would mean nothing if your team at your company do not understand how to operate it. That`s the biggest challenge. Introducing Salesforce app development to your team. It is the story common to every business organization, people don`t want to switch to new technology. They would rather do things traditional way than engage with modern sophisticated technology. You will have to introduce Salesforce to them, how it can benefit company and them as well. It is about getting their confidence.
Salesforce Implementation Requirements to Consider
In order to successfully implement – without any hindrance – the Salesforce, you should take care of following requirements before going for implementation process directly. It will help you take every step measurably and move ahead with confidence.
- Create a Team – Based on accessibility and time commitment of people at your organization, you can create a team which can look after the whole project of Salesforce implementation, right from the beginning till the end. It is not helpful only in picking up the right candidate for the task at hand but will also give a plenty of time. Your team should be able to make decisions on behalf of the company and users as well and should have clear expectations in mind.
- Document Needs and Requirements of Company – Well, before you partner with any Salesforce Implementation Company, your team should documents each and every need of your company based on merit. Some things you must have, some things are nice to have. It is the task of your team to choose between the two and decide upon one that really adds value to whole set up of your business organization. There will be a lot of data sharing taking place between your team and Salesforce consulting and development company unless to have already documented useful data, the process could get weird and lose track.
- Defining Business Process – Every company markets itself distinctly has different channels to sell through and uses various ways to connect with its customers. While implementing Salesforce, much of the discussion would revolve around defining the business process of your company. How everything in your company operates should be already documented and vividly defined by your team, and then you will not miss on the target because it will include everything from data to security to business process.
Some Tips for Successful Salesforce Implementation
Not always is the implementation process smooth and anxiety-free. It can really get weird sometimes. But here are few steps you can follow for successful implementation of Salesforce in your company.
- Plan an integration of Salesforce with other business applications well in advance. The objective should be to streamline all your business processes and get everything connected and centralized.
- Introduce your team to Salesforce and make them understand what this technology is all about and what benefits to reap with it. Distribute tasks among various members of your team, resolve any after-math issues and take care of what they say.
- Only that data should be migrated which is of real use to the company, get rid of everything else before data migration starts. It would give you enough time to remove errors and typos and clean up your data.
- Update Salesforce regularly to make use of new features introduced periodically. It is must for keeping business process relevant and enhances adaptability.
While the Salesforce is a great thing to have, its implementation is always a very daunting process. So you need someone who understands and masters Salesforce implementation, someone who is reliable and has a name in the market. In short, you need to join hands with Signity Solutions and meet our Salesforce certified developers to know more about our services. We understand your needs, and we know how to successfully implement Salesforce.
Latest posts by Mark Smith (see all)
- Salesforce Implementation from Chaotic to Exciting - July 3, 2018
- How to Boost Business Growth with Salesforce? - June 15, 2016
- Lighting Summer’16 with Top Ten Salesforce Features - June 13, 2016